Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

In the beginning...

This blog is (hopefully) going to be a place for me to record my journey through weight loss. This has been a lifelong struggle for me, and though I am optimistic about this latest endeavor, I can't help but doubt whether or not this is really going to be "IT".  That's why I gave this blog the title "All To Bring You Glory".  I am not just doing this for vanity, though I would love to look better.  I am not just doing this for health reasons, though I want to be here for a long time.  I am not just doing  this for the people in my life, though I want to be a role model for my children, an active partner for my husband, and a blessing to my friends and family.  The final impetus behind this decision is a desire to glorify God in all that I do.  I know He loves me.  I am not in any way trying to be "good enough" or ensure my salvation. However, I also know that overeating, laziness, and disrespecting the fearfully and wonderfully made body He gave me does not please Him. 

Therefore, I am committing today, both to myself and to Him, that I will see this journey to the end.  I know every day will not be a success.  There will be bumps along this path and I'm sure that I will feel like giving in more than once to the various temptations I will face.  But I will keep going.  I will not let it stop me or hinder me from this commitment.  I know that when I reach my goal, I will truly be able to say that I did it in His strength and it is all to bring Him glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment