Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Aversion to eating...

I know this sounds weird for someone who is overweight, but since I've begun this healthy lifestyle, it has been a struggle to make sure I eat often enough.  Before I was kind of a mindless eater, so I didn't think about calories, carbs, fat, etc.  Now that I am trying to really watch what I eat and record it all (on www.sparkpeople.com) I hate putting stuff in my mouth!  I find myself waiting until I am extremely hungry before I finally eat lunch or my snack, which is dangerous because once I reach a certain level of hunger I am prone to overeating or eating something really bad for me.  The best cure for this, I have found, is to plan everything out really well.  If I am eating what is on the plan, then the feelings of guilt are diminished.

They are still there, though.  After meals I have to keep reminding myself that what I ate was healthy and I needed the fuel for my body.  The feeling of fullness actually brings a certain amount of shame right now, and I know I need to work through this.  It comes from years of binging or just plain overeating and then regretting it immediately afterwards.  Hopefully as I continue on this path, I can override those emotions and feelings.  They say it takes 21 days for something to become a habit, to create new pathways in your brain that make something like working out and not eating out of boredom a natural activity, not a challenge.  I've been doing this for a little over 2 weeks now, and each day I make good choices it gets a little easier. 

As always, this is
All To Bring You Glory

No comments:

Post a Comment